Regular outreach programme for community engagement. Here the students take up
social and community causes and engage in outreach activities through which
they learn to remain connected with the communities they are living in. This
type of interaction helps develop social responsibility and to cultivate a
holistic attitude to work and living. Some of the activities are:
- Chilume: An initiative for less privileged children.
- Blood Donation Camp: Blood Donation Camp in association with KMC Blood Bank.
- Old age home: The students along with faculty and staff visit ‘Chiranthana’ a home for elderly at Surathkal, Mangalore. They interact with the inmates and conduct cultural programmes for their happiness. The elderly people are happy to mingle with the young crowd and share their rich life experience.
- Samvedhana: Students of our Institute visit Samvedhana – a home for children affected with Aids and carry out activities and serve food and gift day to day need item to the kids. The children have a wonderful day with our students.
Some of the social activities conducted are:
- Our Institute has helped in electoral updating by being a local center.
- Our students have conducted English classes for the students of Government Higher Primary School, Karambar.
- Our Students have actively participated in Swach Bharath Abhiyan and cleaned the places in and around Bondel.
- Our students have created awareness campaign on the following topics
- BE SAFE ON THE ROAD
- SAVE ENVIRONMENT
- SAVE WATER
- SCHOOL CHALO
- HEALTH AWARENESS
- CLEAN CITY CAMPAIGN
- SAVE GIRL CHILD
- ALCHOLIC ABUSE